Choi immigrated to the United States as a Peace Corps language instructor for the State Department in 1968 after earning a bachelor’s degree from Kyung Hee University in Seoul, South Korea. He continued his education in the United States, earning a master’s degree in library science from Louisiana State University, and a Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from the University of Pittsburgh. He is a passionate educator and has experience in higher education teaching at universities and colleges around the country. Choi is a dedicated public servant who is The City of Irvine’s current Mayor and has served on the Board of Directors of the Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) and the Orange County Sanitation District. He was elected as a Trustee to the Irvine Unified Schools District in 1998, served two terms on the City Council and has been the Mayor of Irvine since 2012.
- Trailblazers Candidates, Alumni Successful in Key California Races
- Trailblazer Candidate Bill Essayli Elevated to ‘Trailblazer’ Status
- Trailblazer Candidate Henry Nickel Elevated to ‘Pathfinder’ Status
- Trailblazer Candidate Justin Mendes Achieves ‘Trailblazer’ Status
- Trailblazer Candidate Frank Scotto Elevated to ‘Trailblazer’ Status