Lydia Beebe currently serves as the corporate secretary and chief governance officer of Chevron Corporation, a position she has held since being elected as Chevron’s first female corporate officer in 1995. Beebe has a rich background in public service, having been appointed by Governor Pete Wilson to the California Fair Employment and Housing Commission in 1991, where she was chairperson from 1995 through the end of her term in 1999. Beebe was recently honored by California as a Civil Rights Hero for her work as chairperson to the California Fair Employment and Housing Commission. In 2003, President George W. Bush appointed Beebe to the Board of Directors of Presidio Trust, where she served until 2008. Along with serving on the governing boards for the National Judicial College, Kansas University Endowment Association, Kansas University Law Alumni, the National Association of Corporate Directors of Northern California and the San Francisco Symphony, she also enjoys being an advisory board member of the Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance and the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance.
- Trailblazers Candidates, Alumni Successful in Key California Races
- Trailblazer Candidate Bill Essayli Elevated to ‘Trailblazer’ Status
- Trailblazer Candidate Henry Nickel Elevated to ‘Pathfinder’ Status
- Trailblazer Candidate Justin Mendes Achieves ‘Trailblazer’ Status
- Trailblazer Candidate Frank Scotto Elevated to ‘Trailblazer’ Status